| If you are able to take your first step into the world of networked home entertainment, let the HT-RC270 be your guide. This versatile A/V receiver sports a handy Ethernet connection that permits you to enjoy streaming PC audio and Web radio within the comfort of your living room. On the subject of connectivity, the HT-RC270 handles virtually anything you throw its way. You get six 3D-able HDMI® 1.4a inputs (one at the front-side); 7.1-channel analog audio inputs for legacy components; analog RGB inputs for PC video; a Universal port for Onkyo peripherals; and a front-side USB input for Pod® models and flash memory devices. Onkyo has a well-earned reputation for bringing advanced audio features to a much wider audience. On the subject of the high-value HT-RC270, that means low-jitter Burr-Brown DACs; lossless HD audio from DTS and Dolby; Audyssey MultEQ®: room-correction; and the expanded surround dimensions of Audyssey DSX™ and Dolby®: Pro Logic® IIz. All of this connectivity and processing power earns the HT-RC270 the quality assurance of THX® Select2 Plus™.
| Take your first step into the world of networked home entertainment with the Onkyo HT-RC270 7.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver.
HDMI® 1.4a Make stronger for 3D Video and Audio Return
The six HDMI 1.4a inputs at the HT-RC270 permit you to concurrently connect high-def sources such as a Blu-ray player, a gaming console, and a cable/satellite tuner. A single output then sends a pristine signal for your connected high-resolution display. As the contemporary version of this connector, HDMI 1.4a adds the exciting chances of 3D video and an Audio Return Channel. 3D video is the following big thing in home entertainment, with movie, game, and broadcast content at the increase and 3D-compatible TVs entering the market. The HT-RC270 also offers the convenience of an Audio Return Channel by way of HDMI. Audio content received in an instant by your HDTV’s tuner can also be sent “upstream” for your A/V receiver, without the need for a separate S/PDIF audio cable.
Windows® 7 Compatible PC Audio and Web Radio
As certainly one of Onkyo’s new breed of receivers that may link in an instant to the Web or to your own home PC by way of a local network, the HT-RC270 takes streaming audio and Web radio to an entire new level. MP3, WMA, WMA Lossless, FLAC, WAV, Ogg Vorbis, AAC, and LPCM audio files-whether for your PC or from the Web-can now be played back through your main system with unprecedented power and fidelity. The HT-RC270 brings to life an enormous array of Web radio channels from Pandora®, SIRIUS Web Radio®, vTuner, and more*. In addition to being compatible with earlier platforms, the receiver is compatible with Microsoft’s new Windows 7 platform, which includes the DLNA 1.5-specified “Play To” media-streaming feature. Any other good thing about having the HT-RC270 connected to the Web is that You’ll be able to then easily update its firmware.
Audyssey DSX™ and Dolby® Pro Logic® IIz Surround Sound
The HT-RC270 handles two new surround-sound technologies from Audyssey and Dolby that offer exciting new how one can set up the speakers in your house theater system. Audyssey DSX permits you to incorporate “front wide” speakers, as opposed to the standard surround back speakers, to expand the width of the soundstage. Set up at a really useful 60° off center, these channels lend a hand to produce a more realistic soundstage and a more immersive listening experience. However, Audyssey DSX can reconfigure the HT-RC270’s surround back channels to deliver “front height” channels. These channels carry ambient, non-directional audio that adds a new vertical dimension for your movies and games. Dolby Pro Logic IIz provides a identical front-height speaker option that likewise works to create a more enveloping home theater experience.
| An easy to make use of, multi function remote featuring macro presets.
THX® Select2 Plus™ Certified
THX Select2 Plus certification is specified for rooms where the screen-to-seat viewing distance is 10 to 12 feet and the room volume is around 2000 cubic feet. To reach THX Select2 Plus certification, the HT-RC270 needed to meet the world’s most demanding standards for home theater audio quality and performance, and play at reference volume levels with minimal distortion.
HDMI Video Upscaling to 1080p with Faroudja DCDi Cinema™
On the subject of video processing, Faroudja Dcdi Cinema offers several advantages. This processor can accept any video signal, without reference to the source resolution, and upscale it to 1080p to match the native resolution of your high-definition display. What’s more, Dcdi Cinema effectively eliminates video artifacts such as jagged edges all over the video signal deinterlacing process. You get to enjoy smooth progressive scan video images, even for fast-moving sports and action scenes.
| A Suite of Audyssey Technologies for the Ideal Listening Environment
- Audyssey MultEQ® measures and eliminates distortion caused by room acoustics and calibrates speakers for optimal listening all through the room.
- Audyssey Dynamic Volume&trade: robotically compensates for volume fluctuations in different audio content-as an example, all over commercial breaks-whilst optimizing the dynamic range.
- Audyssey Dynamic EQ® maintains a consistent bass response, tonal balance, and surround-sound effect at different volume levels, so You’ll be able to enjoy the natural dynamics of your content, without reference to the volume.
PLL (Phase Locked Loop) Jitter-Cleaning Circuit Technology
Jitter is an unwanted side-effect of the digital-to-analog conversion process. Caused by fluctuations within the time domain of a digital signal, jitter has a detrimental have an effect on on perceived audio quality. PLL jitter-cleaning circuit technology reduces jitter by comparing the input and output phases of the digital signal and creating an accurate clock waveform. This enhances the precision of digital signal processing and noticeably improves audio quality. Jitter-cleaning technology works both for digital signals input by way of HDMI and for digital signals converted from analog signals within the receiver itself.
Preprogrammed RI Remote with On-Screen Setup and Presets
The HT-RC270’s remote controller offers the convenience of controlling quite a lot of other devices connected to the receiver. You’ll be able to choose your connected devices from the on-screen list and then pre-program your desired settings for every device. Furthermore, the HT-RC270 permits you to set up macro presets for as much as four activity modes, which You’ll be able to keep an eye on by way of mode-key LEDs at the remote controller. A single button-press of “My Movie,” as an example, can concurrently turn at the receiver, display, and Blu-ray player for your pre-programmed settings and start playing a disc robotically.
| 100 Watts of power to be had on every channel.
| Sleek, classic styling with a front panel featuring easy to get admission to USB, HDMI, auxiliary inputs and more.
- Advanced Features
- THX® Select2 Plus™ certified
- HDMI® (Version 1.4a to Make stronger 3D and Audio Return channel) with Deep Color™, x.v.Color™, LipSync, Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio™, DVD-Audio, Super Audio CD, multichannel PCM, and CEC
- 6 HDMI inputs (1 front/5 rear) and 1 output
- Audyssey DSX™ and Dolby® Pro Logic® IIz for new surround channels
- PLL Jitter-Cleaning circuit technology
- Audyssey MultEQ® for room acoustic correction
- Network capability for streaming audio files (MP3, WMA, WMA Lossless, FLAC, WAV, Ogg Vorbis, AAC, and LPCM)
- Internet radio connectivity (Pandora®, Rhapsody®, SIRIUS Web Radio®, Napster, Mediafly™, Slacker, and vTuner)*
- Certified with Windows® 7 and DLNA version 1.5
- Firmware updates by way of Ethernet and USB
- Front-Panel USB Input for Memory Devices and iPhone®:/iPod® Models (Enables Display of Album Artwork)
- Amplifier Features
- 100 Watts per channel at 8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.08%, 2 channels driven, FTC
- WRAT (Wide Range Amplifier Technology)
- Three-Stage inverted Darlington circuitry
- H.C.P.S. (High Current Power Supply) Massive High Power Transformer
- Linear optimum gain volume circuitry
- Processing Features
- Burr-Brown 192 kHz/24-Bit DACs (PCM1690) for all channels
- Two 32-Bit processing DSP chips (DA830 and CS49834)
- Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio™, Dolby® Digital Plus, DTS-HD High-Resolution Audio™ decoding
- HDMI video upscaling to 1080p with Faroudja Dcdi Cinema™
- 4 DSP Modes for Gaming: Rock, Sports, Action, and RPG
- Music Optimizer™ for compressed digital music files
- Direct Mode and Pure Audio Mode
- A-Form listening mode memory
- Theater-Dimensional Virtual Surround Function
- Connection Features
- Universal Port for single-cable connection of optional Onkyo dock for iPhone®/iPod® or HD Radio™ tuner
- Component video switching (2 inputs and 1 output)
- 4 S-Video inputs and 2 outputs
- Analog RGB video input (D-sub, 15 pin) and audio input for PC
- Front-panel audio input for portable devices
- 5 Digital Inputs (2 Optical and 3 Coaxial)
- 5 A/V inputs (1 front/4 rear) and 1 output
- Color-coded, 7.1 multichannel inputs
- Video output (monitor)
- 1 audio input
- Phono input
- Color-coded, 7.2 multichannel pre outs
- Powered zone 2 and zone 2 line-out for distributed audio playback in Any other room
- Bi-amping capability
- Color-coded, Banana Plug-compatible speaker posts
- RIHD (Remote Interactive over HDMI) for system control
- Other Features
- Overlaid graphical on-screen display (OSD) by way of HDMI
- Audyssey Dynamic Volume™
- Audyssey Dynamic EQ® for loudness correction
- Crossover adjustment (40/50/60/70/80/90/100/120/150/200 Hz)
- A/V sync keep an eye on function (as much as 250 ms in 5 ms steps)
- Tone keep an eye on (bass/treble) for front L/R channels
- Display dimmer (normal/dim/dimmer)
- 40 FM/AM random presets
- Compatible with RI (Remote Interactive) dock for iPod
- Aluminum front panel and gloss-finished volume knob
- Preprogrammed and customizable RI remote keep an eye on with on-screen setup, mode-key LEDs, and macro presets for four activities
What’s within the Box
Onkyo HT-RC270 7.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver, indoor FM antenna, AM loop antenna, speaker cable labels, speaker setup microphone, instruction manual, quick start guide, remote controller, AA (R6) batteries (2).
- Amplifier Section
- Power Output
- Front L/R – 100 W/Ch (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.08%, 2 channels driven, FTC)
- Center – 100 W (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.08%, 2 channels driven, FTC)
- Surround L/R – 100 W/Ch (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.08%, 2 channels driven, FTC)
- Surround Back L/R, Front High L/R, Front Wide L/R, or Zone 2 L/R – 100 W/Ch (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.08%, 2 channels driven, FTC)
- Dynamic power – 240 W (3 ohms, front), 210 W (4 ohms, front), 120 W (8 ohms, front)
- THD (Total Harmonic Distortion) – 0.08% (Rated power)
- Damping factor – 60 (Front, 1 kHz, 8 ohms)
- Input sensitivity and impedance – 200 mV/47 k-ohms (line), 2.5 mV/47 k-ohms (phono MM)
- Rated RCA output level and impedance – 200 mV/470 ohms (pre out)
- Maximum RCA output level and impedance – 4.6 V/470 ohms (pre out)
- Phono overload – 70 mV (MM, 1 kHz, 0.5%)
- Frequency response – 5 Hz-100 kHz/+1 dB, -3 dB (DSP bypass)
- Tone keep an eye on – ±10 dB, 50 Hz (bass), ±10 dB, 20 kHz (treble)
- Signal-to-noise ratio – 106 dB (Line, IHF-A), 80 dB (phono, IHF-A)
- Speaker impedance – 4 ohms-16 ohms or 6 ohms-16 ohms
- Video Section
- Input sensitivity/output level and impedance video
- 1.0 Vp-p/75 ohms (component and s-video Y)
- 0.7 Vp-p/75 ohms (component PB/CB, PR/CR)
- 0.25 Vp-p/75 ohms (s-video C)
- 1.0 Vp-p/75 ohms (composite)
- Component video frequency response – 5 Hz-100 MHz/0 dB, -3 dB
- Tuner Section
- Tuning frequency range
- FM: 87.5 MHz-107.9 MHz
- AM: 530 kHz-1,710 kHz
- FM/AM preset memory – 40 stations
- Power supply – AC 120 V~, 60 Hz
- Power consumption – 6.3 A
- Dimensions (W x H x D) – 17 1/8″ x 6 7/8″ x 14 15/16″ (435 x 175 x 379 mm)
- Weight – 27.6 lbs. (12.5 kg)
- Carton dimensions (W x H x D) – 22 7/16″ x 11 3/4″ x 18 7/16″ (570 x 298 x 469 mm)
- Shipping weight – 34.2 lbs. (15.5 kg)
*Availability of services and products is dependent upon region.